MusicScore – is a catalogue for music fans appointed for ratings, criticizing and systematization of music songs.
The main rating unit is an officially released song of performer/band. Each song is rated separately by the 10 point rate. Songs that get the highest rates are filling the list of users favorite songs.
Album rating provides formation of different ratings: personal users rating, certain year album rating, general rating and music era rating.
MusicScore is also positioned as a platform for publishing of reviews. It also can be used as a web journal formed by one users for other.
MusicScore has a special awards that can be assigned to private users (considering to activity) and albums (considering to ratings) as well.
1. Before you add an album you should make sure if it is full (contains all tracks without bonus-tracks);
2. Adding singles, EP’s, compilations, live versions etc is forbidden. You can add studio albums only;
3. Administration can delete incorrectly formed album without notice;
4. We recommend you to be objective in album rating: don’t rate entire album with the same rate, don’t get on the users who rated your favorite album badly by rating theirs favorite albums badly.
5. It is forbidden to register usernames which are similar to already registered and contains swear words, website addresses, e-mail addresses etc;
6. Multiple registration is forbidden;
7. Rules which are not mentioned here are up to the administration.
+1 point for your review evaluation;
+2 points for rating an album;
+4 points for adding an album;
+10 points for writing a review;
+100 points for web-site promotion assistance.
- 1-3 – lame albums;
- 3-5 – minor albums, but someone can like it;
- 5-6 – pretty solid albums that could catch attention of certain music genre fans;
- 6-7 – good, solid albums, we advise you to pay attention on it;
- 7-8 – points - solid albums. They often get "The best album of the year" award;
- 8-9 – very powerful albums;
- 9-10 – masterpiece.
You must always add intros, skits and other short-term tracks to the album track-list!
You can rate them by following rules:
- by esthetic reasons – if you liked it;
- if it fits to the album atmosphere;
- compared to other intros, skits etc you have ever heard.
It would be right not to compare intros, skits etc with other full tracks.
To be objective in ratings we did some limits by quantity of songs:
1) 3 or less - you can rate all tracks by 1 or 10;
2) 4 tracks - you can rate 3 of them by 1 or 10;
3) 5 tracks - you can rate 4 of them by 1 or 10;
4) 6 or more tracks - you can rate 70% of them by 1 or 10.
1. When you are adding an album be sure that the genre you point appeared before the album you add. Actual information about genre appearance you can find on this website.
It is very rare award. It goes to an album that created a genre revolution and changed its laws. Such albums have raised a whole generations.
There is not so much high-quality rap music at the moment. There’s not so mush performers who follows hip-hop ideals. Nowadays we can see the R&B trend with its bare asses, cool cars, glamour, pretty toys and tattoos in mainstream hip-hop culture. This award will be given only to high-quality hip-hop music which contains ideals of genre founders.
This award goes to albums which creators wasn’t afraid to do some experiments and created something special.
Nobody can deny that the sound of English singers and bands is unique and it’s hard to mix up with something else: English accent, ringing guitars, explosive rhythms. This award goes to releases from England which on our opinion brought or discovered something new in its style.
It goes to releases which the artist shared his emotions, secrets, personal feelings. Such albums are full of gloom, depression and loneliness.
This award is for an album with very deep philosophic lyrics. Its lyrics induce you to think about the most important problems of human being.
Some albums sound so sweet and nice that you can think about the artists as a magician. This award is for releases with clear vocal by listening which you feel yourself in a good mood.
Sometimes you don’t need words to express your emotions, instruments will be enough. This award goes to instrumental releases.
There are releases while listening ones your arms and legs start shaking and you want immediately start to dance.
This award goes to very hard albums aggressive magnetic of which keeps you strained to the very last second. It is for the most radical forms of music.
These albums have completely broken music laws, contains a lot of experiments and still its sounding goes directly to your heart. Such music is full of surprises and contradictions.
There is an album with wild magnetic that kicks your ass! This award goes to such sick releases.
This award goes to lonely geniuses, creative persons, singer-songwriters, country performers, folk performers etc.
This award can get an album that made a break and became an impulse to form new music genre.