MusicScore – is a catalogue for music fans appointed for ratings, criticizing and systematization of music songs.
The main rating unit is an officially released song of performer/band. Each song is rated separately by the 10 point rate. Songs that get the highest rates are filling the list of users favorite songs.
Album rating provides formation of different ratings: personal users rating, certain year album rating, general rating and music era rating.
MusicScore is also positioned as a platform for publishing of reviews. It also can be used as a web journal formed by one users for other.
MusicScore has a special awards that can be assigned to private users (considering to activity) and albums (considering to ratings) as well.
1. Before you add an album you should make sure if it is full (contains all tracks without bonus-tracks);
2. Adding singles, EP’s, compilations, live versions etc is forbidden. You can add studio albums only;
3. Administration can delete incorrectly formed album without notice;
4. We recommend you to be objective in album rating: don’t rate entire album with the same rate, don’t get on the users who rated your favorite album badly by rating theirs favorite albums badly.
5. It is forbidden to register usernames which are similar to already registered and contains swear words, website addresses, e-mail addresses etc;
6. Multiple registration is forbidden;
7. Rules which are not mentioned here are up to the administration.
+1 point for your review evaluation;
+2 points for rating an album;
+4 points for adding an album;
+10 points for writing a review;
+100 points for web-site promotion assistance.
- 1-3 – lame albums;
- 3-5 – minor albums, but someone can like it;
- 5-6 – pretty solid albums that could catch attention of certain music genre fans;
- 6-7 – good, solid albums, we advise you to pay attention on it;
- 7-8 – points - solid albums. They often get "The best album of the year" award;
- 8-9 – very powerful albums;
- 9-10 – masterpiece.
You must always add intros, skits and other short-term tracks to the album track-list!
You can rate them by following rules:
- by esthetic reasons – if you liked it;
- if it fits to the album atmosphere;
- compared to other intros, skits etc you have ever heard.
It would be right not to compare intros, skits etc with other full tracks.
To be objective in ratings we did some limits by quantity of songs:
1) 3 or less - you can rate all tracks by 1 or 10;
2) 4 tracks - you can rate 3 of them by 1 or 10;
3) 5 tracks - you can rate 4 of them by 1 or 10;
4) 6 or more tracks - you can rate 70% of them by 1 or 10.
|British spirit||Nobody can deny that the sound of English singers and bands is unique and it’s hard to mix up with something else: English accent, ringing guitars, explosive rhythms. This award goes to releases from England which on our opinion brought or discovered something new in its style.|
|Best rap||There is not so much high-quality rap music at the moment. There’s not so mush performers who follows hip-hop ideals. Nowadays we can see the R&B trend with its bare asses, cool cars, glamour, pretty toys and tattoos in mainstream hip-hop culture. This award will be given only to high-quality hip-hop music which contains ideals of genre founders.|
|Loner||This award goes to lonely geniuses, creative persons, singer-songwriters, country performers, folk performers etc.|
|Fabulous sounding||Some albums sound so sweet and nice that you can think about the artists as a magician. This award is for releases with clear vocal by listening which you feel yourself in a good mood.|
|Dance floor king||There are releases while listening ones your arms and legs start shaking and you want immediately start to dance.|
|Genre revolution||It is very rare award. It goes to an album that created a genre revolution and changed its laws. Such albums have raised a whole generations.|
|Courageous experiment||This award goes to albums which creators wasn’t afraid to do some experiments and created something special.|
|Instrumental fairy||Sometimes you don’t need words to express your emotions, instruments will be enough. This award goes to instrumental releases.|
|Wild magnetic||There is an album with wild magnetic that kicks your ass! This award goes to such sick releases.|
|Master sampling||This award goes to magicians who can make masterpiece with different parts.|
|Soul crying||It goes to releases which the artist shared his emotions, secrets, personal feelings. Such albums are full of gloom, depression and loneliness.|
|Indirect material serving||These albums have completely broken music laws, contains a lot of experiments and still its sounding goes directly to your heart. Such music is full of surprises and contradictions.|
|Genre founder||This award can get an album that made a break and became an impulse to form new music genre.|
|Unique vocals||This award is for an album which characterized qualitative vocals.|
|Deep meaning||This award is for an album with very deep philosophic lyrics. Its lyrics induce you to think about the most important problems of human being.|
|Turn it off!||This award goes to very hard albums aggressive magnetic of which keeps you strained to the very last second. It is for the most radical forms of music.|
The best Electronic album of the year
Neoclassical Dark Wave
Nu Skool Breaks
The best Experimental album of the year
|The album, which combines the seemingly incongruous genres.|
The best Hip-Hop album of the year
New Jack Swing
New School Hip-Hop
West Coast Hip-Hop
The best Metal album of the year
Epic Doom Metal
Melodic Black Metal
Melodic Death Metal
The best Extreme Metal album of the year
|Atmospheric Black Metal
Blackened Death Metal
Blackened Doom Metal
Brutal Death Metal
Christian Black Metal
Depressive Black Metal
Funeral Doom Metal
Industrial Black Metal
NS Black Metal
Progressive Black Metal
Progressive Death Metal
Raw Black Metal
Red & Anarchist Black Metal
Symphonic Black Metal
The best Pop album of the year
Arabic Pop Music
Contemporary Christian Music
Space Age Pop
The best Punk-Hardcore album of the year
Crack Rock Steady
Neue Deutsche Welle
New York Hardcore
The best Rock album of the year
Death 'n' Roll
Medieval Folk Rock
Neue Deutsche Harte
New Weird America
Rock & Roll
The best Folk album of the year
Neoclassical New Age
The best Jazz album of the year
Kansas City Jazz
The best album of the year from the ex-USSR scene
|The album of an artist or a group of the ex-USSR countries.|
The best Debut of the year
|The first album in the discography of an artist or a band.|
|1. Columbus||User which will first add/rate album after New Year.|
|2.1. Blue-collar||User that had reached 1000 rating points.|
|2.2. MegaMusicManiac||User that had reached 5000 rating points.|
|2.3. Saint||User that had reached 10000 rating points.|
|3. Collector||User that had added 1000 albums.|
|4. Connoisseur||User that had rated 1000 albums.|
|5. An author||User that had written 100 reviews.|
|6. Favourite||User that gained 500 likes for his reviews.|
|7. Helper||A user that helps our resource to be better.|
|8. Reviewer||Official review writer.|
|9. Moderator||Your servant|
|10. Founder||Fantastic Four.|
|11. Other awards are possible||Administrators choise.|
1. When you are adding an album be sure that the genre you point appeared before the album you add. Actual information about genre appearance you can find on this website.